Friday 27 June 2014

FAREWELL AND THANK YOU


Hello families and students of the grade 4/5 gifted program. It's hard to believe that today is the last day of school and this is my final blog post of the 2013/2014 school year. It has been my absolute pleasure to teach each and every one of your children this year in the gifted program. I have watched them all grow and mature socially, emotionally and academically. This has been very rewarding for me as a teacher. We have cried together, laughed together and learned together as one cohesive group. They have learned the importance of respecting each others opinions and differences as well as voicing their own opinions in a safe and comfortable environment. They have learned the importance of giving back through acts of kindness and they have learned to be grateful each and every day for living freely and safely as a child in Canada.

I want to thank each and every one of you for all your wonderful cards of thanks and gratitude and all the support you have shown me this year. I have truly had an amazing year, one that I will remember forever. I also want to thank all those families who contributed to my end of the year gift. I look forward to buying myself something special with the generous amount of money. 

Class Party - Thank you for sending in the many treats, home baked goodies, fruit and veggie platters for our class party on Tuesday. The students had a lot of fun eating and watching a movie. Thank you to our parent volunteers, Liza and Carey, for helping to set up the party and clean up after the party. We appreciate your efforts.

Class Parent - A special thank you to our class parent, Nina Moritsugu, for all her excellent email communication and organization of events throughout the year. Nina, I appreciate all the work you've done to help our class and facilitate ongoing communication between myself and the parents. 

Wishing all of you a very happy, relaxing and safe summer holiday. Enjoy your children and I look forward to seeing all of you back at Forest Hill in September.

Thank you again for making this year a very special and memorable one.

Mrs. Stacey Mendelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment